CONSTRUCTION ESTIMATOR / SUPERVISOR POSITION
CWS is a fast-growing waterfront construction company based in Hillsdale, ON with much of our work being seen across the shores of Georgian Bay. We offer comprehensive waterfront construction services from floating dock systems, boathouses, steel shore work, and landscaping to full concept construction. We are certified installers for Almita Helical Screw Piles and the exclusive NyDock Floating Docks dealer for Georgian Bay and surrounding inland lakes. We pride ourselves on a team focused work environment, quality of work and strong client relationships.
- Design and preparation of full-cost estimates on conceptual and design-build, for a variety of waterfront projects (eg. cottages, boathouses, shoreline work, decks, docks, hardscaping)
- In preparation of full cost estimates, will gather and interpret necessary documentation, specifications and design drawings to define scope/contents.
- Assist in preparation with negotiations, contract clarifications, consultants, clients, vendors and subcontractors.
- In preparation for close out estimate, accountable for analyzing each section for scope, pricing and clarifications.
- Maintain large working files as supporting documentation for estimating figures including current, accurate information on prices from vendors through exclusive contact, pre-existing price lists, etc.
- Prepare cost of projects and associated permit applications.
- Work closely with the Project Manager(s) to provide updates to clients throughout the building process.
- Oversee construction process to ensure the project meets budget and timing milestones.
- Proficiency using MS Office and Excel
- Experience with Auto-Cad an *asset
- Experience with estimating/design software an *asset (e.g. Softplan)
- Solid understanding of waterfront construction practices and related Ontario building code
- Ability to design, read and understand blueprints, schematics, and construction documents
- Minimum 2 years of similar work experience (other relevant experience considered)
- Proven ability to work under pressure, prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Attention to detail, mathematical, analytical skills and accuracy
- Service-oriented with ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to build positive working relationships with internal and external clients
- Ability to set priorities and exercise flexibility where necessary
- Excellent communications skills – oral and written
- AR or AZ restricted license an *asset
- Experience operating equipment an *asset
- Boat license or SVOP an *asset
- Knowledge of South East Georgian Bay and surrounding lakes an *asset
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $18.00-$35.00 per hour (Based on experience)
- Casual dress
- Flexible schedule
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
- Construction Drawing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Construction Estimating: 1 year (Preferred)
- Equivalent Experience: 2 year (Preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19